Loading...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day4 - Bad fortune :-(

Today unfortunately, something unexpected occurred! All my Micro Rasbora died after a water change :-(
I forgot that a maintenance company was on the building cleaning the water’s deposit; and on the afternoon during a normal maintenance to my aquariums I decided to do a water change to my small aquarium. Fortunately, I didn’t change the water of my 350L aquarium, which was scheduled for today; otherwise the problem would be more dramatic than this.
When I saw the fishes reacting differently and tremble, was too late for do something. My first reaction was went into the kitchen and fill a cup of water and taste it, the smell was very strong at chloride and when I tasted the water, I just noticed that wasn’t normal. Usually I don’t use any anti-chloride on my aquariums and even that I had some at home, the fishes died so fast that no product could save them…
I’m very pissed off because I simply forgot of the water’s maintenance and it was very difficult to find those fishes!!! I hope that nothing happen with the plants… wish me luck!



10 comments:

Jorge Santos said...

It's a pity :\

I had the same problem a few months ago but with Crystal Reds...

You can get some more fishes you know where... They have plenty :)

Anonymous said...

I would get pissed too ... :(
Thanks god it just affected the fishes, well we hope so.

Try to not think too much about it, keep going! Your work is brilliant ;)

Filipe Oliveira said...

Jorge, Where I can find them?
In Jardiland don't have them because I did bring the last ones 2 days ago, because some of the first ones were sucked by the filter; so I solved the problem using a net and now they are out of stock.

Janf,
I hope that has only affected the fishes, otherwise I will be very, very pissed off! If something happen to the plants I really don't know what I will do to this layout!
On the next days we will know!

Kim Guanzon - utah commercial photographer said...

sorry for your the unfortunate loss of fish... micro rasboras are my absolute favorite.

Unknown said...

Haven't it been a bit too early to have fish in a fresh set up? So i don't wonder that they died...
Just because of your active soil.
But pretty nice fish!
Kind Regards
Timo

Filipe Oliveira said...

Hi Kim,

Micro Rasbora is a very nice fish; I will try to find more later. Right now and while my water still like this, I will not add any fishes and avoid to change water in all my aquariums. I hope that very soon it return to normality.

Timo,
I can admit that was too soon to add the fishes, but this is nothing related to the soil and bacterial problems. The water was crystal from the beginning and I added bacteria into the water before add the fishes on the aquarium.
The water that I did used for water change was with too much chloride than usual because of the treatment of the water's deposit and I simply forgot it!!! My mistake... I saw petrified and without any possibility in help those poor fishes, that died in 2 minutes. Now I have milky water in this tank and this is related to bacterial problem; the big amount of chloride simply killed all bacterial system in this aquarium.
I hope don’t have any problems with the plants, that were spreading very well and healthy.

Ps. In all years that I have of aquarium hobby I never saw something like that!

Regards,
FAAO

Jorge Santos said...

I don't think you will have any problems with the plants, because they are not (too) affected by chorilde, so just do a major water change as soon as possible and it will be fine ;)

Anonymous said...

How are the aquarium by now? Did you have any problem with plants?

Filipe Oliveira said...

My tap water was back to normal, finally!
I will try to find again those fishes and add a few ones.
The plants suffered a little bit, but now that is everything back to normal, they are reacting very well. I will post something new very soon.

Regards,
FAAO

Anonymous said...

Thanks god everything is ok now!

So, I'll be waiting for the update :P